To get the full benefit of a cardiac rehabilitation exercise programme we are looking to do a minimum of 150 minutes of exercise per week, ideally 5 sessions of, at least,30 minutes duration.
This can consist of supervised programmes with me, a Home Exercise Plan
that we will agree for you and other forms of exercise such as walking and hobbies.
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced resting heart rate – your cardiovascular system becoming more efficient
- Reduced symptoms such as shortness of breath
- Increased exercise threshold – can do more before getting angina symptoms
- Increased levels of protective cholesterol in your blood
- Raised energy levels and less feeling of fatigue
- Improved weight control
- Improved blood sugar control
- Reduced anxiety and depression and improved self confidence
- Improved sleep
- Increased bone density and muscle strength
- Return to work sooner (if applicable)
- Maintain independence as we get older